Pages

Subscribe:

Labels

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Cloud Computing

Today, you can create and access documents on a variety of devices, including laptops, smart phones, iPads, and iPods.  While this creates powerful opportunities for productivity, it also results in challenges related to storage and access between devices.  Cloud computing provides the solution.  In a nutshell, cloud computing is using online services to store and retrieve files and access programs.  Instead of emailing documents to yourself or keeping up with flash drives, you can use online applications like Google Docs and Dropbox. 

Watch this video from Common Craft that explains Cloud Computing in Plain English.  Then, go to the Cloud Computing blog to access Google Docs and Dropbox tutorials and complete this week's exercises.

1 comment:

sbatchelor68 said...

Thanks to Lisa for guiding me through the process. I created a Christmas Wish list for my boys/students to complete. You may access it at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dEE4LVJ1bzZ1SEVSVkk0ZFpRSjlRNVE6MA

I used Dropbox to put some pictures from my desktop to access on my phone or other device.

Post a Comment